Friday, August 18

 

Is this necessary?

Howdy, beloved and not-yet-forgotten friend. While Tania and I are on our extended leave, I don’t wanna lose touch with my family and friends. (I don’t think Tania wants to lose touch with people either, but I don’t want to put words in her mouth.) If you’re my family or friend, you know that keeping in touch with people is not one of my strengths. I don’t email peeps that much. I don’t send postcards. And unless I’m 6 beers in, I rarely remember to call people. So, I thought maybe I’d throw up a little blog, update you on what’s going on down here, and share a pic or two when words simply aren’t enough.

“Dude. Is this your idea of staying in touch? You’ll simply update your blog and call it a day? How about a phone call once in a while? Will you even have time to write an update when you’re going to school? You’re kinda wordy. You’re also lazy and balding. You really think your life is worth writing about? Who the hell wants to read this crap? Not me.”

Let me address your concerns, all of which are valid. I do expect to be pretty busy once school starts. Between the classes, clubs, meeting people, and everything else, I won't have much time to call and email people. And I wasn't very good about that to begin with. So if you wanna a quick update on what's going on with me and Tania in Texas, looky here and quench your thirst. If you don't give a crap, no worries. I'll still try to give you a holler when I get the chance. (Unless you haven't received a call from me in the last two years. In that case, the status quo will likely remain.)

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?